You are a hunting lover and own the hunting rifle, and also want to get a big victory in hunting? However, you may not know which animals you can hunt or not, which makes you confuse and worry? Actually, before going hunting, there are a lot of things you need to know in order to make sure that you will not break the law as well as do the wrong things. Here is the list of animals that can be hunted legally, which can help you know the laws clearly so that you can be confident when hunting.
The animals which can be hunted are divided into the small following groups based on the legal purpose:
- Big animals: White-tailed deer, Mule deer, Moose, Elk, Caribou, Bighorn sheep, Pronghorn antelope, Wild boar, Pecari wild boar, Bison.
- Small animals: Rabbit, Hare, Squirrel, Opossum fox, Raccoon, Porcupine, Skunk, Bassariscus astutus, Bonasa umbellus.
- Skinning animals: Beaver, Red fox, Brown mink, Otter, Ondatra zibethicus, Martes martes, Lynx.
- Predators: Puma, Jaguar, Grey wolf, Coyote.
- Birds: Scolopax, Alectoris chukar, Pheasant, Quail, Dove.
- Water birds: Duck, Mergus, Goose, Swan, Grouse.
You know, hunting animals is a very popular activity over the USA; however, the hunters must follow the rules given by the Government so that not only are the animals preserved well but we also can protect the ecological balance. Moreover, each state in the USA has its own rules about hunting, which are suitable with natural features of the area of the state; therefore, the hunters should prepare everything carefully before going for a hunt. Yet, there are several common things that the hunters must remember to do before and while hunting:
- Must have hunting license which is permitted by the USA government so that they can go for a hunt without breaking the laws
- Must have hunting rifle using license in order to hunt without being arrested because of using the hunting rifle illegally
- Must hunt in the allowed areas to avoid going to the dangerous fields or the places which are banned from hunting
- Must hunt the animals in the limited number so that the number of all kind of animal can be maintained
- Must not hunt the animals which are banned from hunting, finally. It is to prevent endangered pieces from being extinct because of over hunting
In addition to following the rules which are given above, the things that help the hunters become more successful is the preparation which the hunters do before they start their hunt. As listed before, the animals are divided into different groups so that the hunters can base on these groups to prepare their hunting clothes and the weapons as well as the ways to catch the quarries effectively and successfully.
At the end of this list, I hope that with the list of animals can be hunted as well as the information about the rules given previously the hunting lovers can go hunting in a right way and get success as well as enjoy their interesting and adventurous hunt.